Wednesday, July 13, 2011

It's truly an experience





Well everyone these past few days have been trying ones for Jalyn.  After they left Fiji, they went to New Zealand.  New Zealand started with homestays and this is where her faith and prayer got her and me throught.  The adventure started with her being placed in a home with a family that had dogs and cats.  And everybody that knows Jalyn, knows she don't do animals at all.  I had also advised the leader before they left the states that Jalyn was terrified of dogs and cats and to please not place her in a home with any.   So Nevertheless she had to be moved after staying in the home for about an hour, which is 1 hour toooooo long for her.  Then she had to face the ridicule of some of the kids in her delegation about being scared of dogs and cats so you all know I had my "They talked about Jesus speech" with her.  She was then placed in a home that left her feeling totally uncomfortable.  Whatever transpired left her with the feeling that the father didn't care anything for her.  He didn't care to look at the pictures of her family and when the mother gave her a gift before leaving she said she was doing it before her husband woke up.  I advised her that she only had hours remaining and to suck it up.  These will be experiences she will never forget.  She had me crying laughing on the phone talking about what was happening over there.  I told her that she is experiencing life.  Life is not as easy as mama and daddy makes it seem..When she gets into the real world and have to fend for herself she will need to be ready.  I could type all day because that's just how much I've gotten from her.  She was on a roll that night.  She was soooo homesick on Saturday that I had to cut my treadmill ride short to talk and text with her. 
She is doing great now.  I talked with her on last night (Tuesday) and she sounded like the Jalyn of old.  They had a full day of outside activities and they were winding down. 
I will keep you updated as I get updates but I ask that you continue to pray for her and her delegation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment